Berlin's Robotic Pub

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Berlin's Robotic Pub
  • From: "Chris Bond" <chris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 11:10:34 -0000

Posted from slashdot.org :)

Take a trip to Berlin, and visit the Automaten Bar to have a drink served
by
a robot. This members-only bar is completely automated. While this may
sound
rather cool, the part I find disturbing is the fact that the owner plans on
webcamming the security cameras so you can check on who's at the pub. The
owner also wants to make it so you can have a SMS message sent to you when
particular person's entrance card is swiped by the system. I guess the idea
is that you can get an e-mail to let you know that Bob is having a drink so
you can stop by and chat. While it sounds like a bunch of baloney to me, it
appears to be pretty popular in Berlin, as they've already got 130 members
after 2 weeks without any advertising."