Re: Re: NEW ukha project

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Re: NEW ukha project
  • From: Stuart Poulton <swp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:08:26 +0000 (GMT)

Ray,

I'm also aware that there has been some success in getting RABBIT to work
with an IDE disk drive, and rabbit themselves do do a serial flash
upgrade, in either 4 or 8 MB, not cheap at $99 and $149, however it may be
possible to interface to a MMC using SPI

I've not got and comparative performance figures directly, but rabbit do
boast about floating point perfromance.

Square root	Rabit	Z180	DSC80C320
29Mhz	24Mhz	33Mhz

32uS	343	334

Cheers

Stuart

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Ray Barnett wrote:

> For my datalogging on the car, I'd want to be able to log for an
absolute
> minimum of half an hour, and preferable enough for an entire day's
worth,
> which would be 2 to 3 hours. Back of an envelope calculations suggest
I want
> about 8 channels of data, being collected at various frequencies,
requiring
> 762 kb of raw data per hour. ish.
>
> Do you happen to have any information on the comparative processing
power of
> the TINI and Rabbit? Ideally I'd be wanting to store data at 100Hz,
and also
> do some processing of it on the fly at the same time to provide data
to the
> driver. Am I dreaming on that requirement?
>
> However, the data logger is some way down the line - someone else has
just
> released a commercial version of 90% of what I'd intended to do, so
I've put