Newbie question on home/web automated security system

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Newbie question on home/web automated security system
  • From: "rdennys" <rdennys@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 14:55:00 -0000

Hi, can anyone point me in the right direction for the following?.

Following a recent burglary at my home, I want to set up a motion
sensitive webcam in my home which tiggers an alert to my wap
phone/pda upon activation/movement and a way to view this via a web
browser, either on the PDA or my work PC.

There needs to be some way to efficiently record/securely archive
images of the intrusion. I also want to be able to trigger the panic
button on my alarm system (either the one I have or via a new one)
via some form of remote access. If I could relay my voice direct to
the intruder then so much the better.

I don't currently have any home automation equipment at home but I do
have broadband/always on web access to my home (but not sure if i
need this if I can dial in/out)

Is any of this possible/readily available in the UK? If so what do i
need, how much technical know how do I need and how much is it likely
to cost?

Thanks