RE: NEW ukha project

> I looked into the STA-013 MP3 decoder chip as a solution - but my
> electronics aren't up to it :(  This was over a year ago and I simply
don't
> have enough time.  The Slim Devices looks good, but the VFD it uses is
what
> probably pushes the cost up.  LCD is much cheaper - albeit less
legible at a
> distance.  Who needs to read it across a room when you have an
> iPAQ/ePODS/Fujitsu/<insert you other preferred device> to
control it from
> (preferably wireless)?

I was thinking along similar lines to either use the STA013 chip or as
I've now discovered the MAS3587 which includes an on-chip D/A convertor.

I'd thought that making the system modular, would allow the choice of
LCD if required or not.

> Something that could be added to Keith's switcher as an audio source,
> controlled via RS485/Ethernet would bring the holy grail of whole
house
> audio one step closer.

Yes, working with a modular system that can integrate into an all in one
solution.

Cheers

Stuart