RE: Replacing Yahoo with a paid provider was Posting etiquette

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Replacing Yahoo with a paid provider was Posting etiquette
  • From: "BUTLER, Tony, FM" <Tony.BUTLER@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 09:51:55 -0000

> As far as the "on-topic/off-topic" discusion regarding the
> fujitsu pads, looking at the Forum that was set up, most
> people are using the units as some form of controller,
> which I think (please someone correct me if Im mistaken)
> falls within HA.

I would agree with this.

>So maybe as an immediate solution, we could set up one secondary list
>(ukha_overflow) which could be used to farm out things like the Web Pad
>fever. This new list would remain open always but not dedicated to one
>subject or another, merely an overflow system for ukha_d to take the
brunt
>of subjects which threaten to overpower the list.

If a secondary list is set up then it's just going to end up with all the
problems - this doesn't solve anything.

If ePods/Fujitsu's etc to control a HA environment isn't on topic, I don't
know what is!
What would be discussed in this list if not such things?
The idea of setting up a spin-off group as has now been done with the
Fujitsu's seems to be a workable solution - as has already been stated
elsewhere, these would 'naturally die' when the frenzy is over & fold
back
into the main ukha_d group.

At this rate, the discussions of should we move from Yahoo/what to do about
'OT' posts have generated so much traffic that there should be a group
devoted to this alone! :-)

Tony

Visit our Internet site at http://www.rbsmarkets.com