RE: Newsgroup uk.tech.home-automation now created

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Newsgroup uk.tech.home-automation now created
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 23:10:07 -0000

I used to have a problem with email until I used a common *.pst file

The PST file is on my laptop which goes everywhere with me so I always have
all my mail. When I am at home or work it is plugged into the LAN and my
desktop machines use a mapped drive to connect to the PST file.

I also back up the PST file to desktop machines in two locations 50 miles
apart !

The system was working extremely well until we were barred from POP3 at
work
:-(

How does the database work with the newsgroups ?

The news servers I have access to are different at work and at home. At
work
external news servers are also blocked.

Keith