RE: Newsgroup uk.tech.home-automation now created

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Newsgroup uk.tech.home-automation now created
  • From: "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 16:17:18 -0000

Stuart,
In group settings, you can set it up as remote group, but you must be moderator.
See instructions here:

A remote group is a group which is run from another mailing list service. You can use the Yahoo! Groups site to archive and provide additional functionality, such as digests, chats, shared files, etc, for mailing lists hosted by other services.

A group can only be a remote group or a local group, but you can switch back and forth as many times as you'd like. Once a group is set to be a remote group, you need to add the following address as a member of the remote group in order to start archiving the group:

listsaver-of-harveylodge@xxxxxxx
* Required
Enable Remote Group
*  Enable Remote Group
If set, this is a remote group. Posting is disabled, but posting to the special address listed above goes through directly to the archive.
Remote Name
*
The Remote Name is the group's name on the remote host. This is used to form the posting address.
Remote Host
*
The Remote Host is the domain name of the server which hosts this group. This is joined with both the Remote Name and the Remote Control Address to form the full email address for posts and commands for this group.
Remote Control Address
*
The remote control address is the login portion of the address used to request information about the group, subscribe and unsubscribe >from or many other types of groups, this is "<groupname>-request" where <groupname> is the Remote Name given above. This may be used in the future by Yahoo! Groups to automatically subscribe to the remote group, but is not used at this time.

Cheers,
Nik