RE: Fujitsu Tablets : You can fek off...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Fujitsu Tablets : You can fek off...
  • From: "John Risby" <john@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 22:24:08 -0000

> From: Kenneth Watt [mailto:kennwatt@xxxxxxx]
> This is typical American customer service, IME, contrary to
> popular belief it is beyond belief at times. It's either very
> good or very, very bad...again IME. Still what a bunch of
> <insert appropriate expletive>

I'll second that. My folks were in New York in November or so - my mum,
especially, was very worried about going (not surprisingly given what
had just happened).

On their first night there we called the hotel from the UK and asked to
send a bottle of champagne to their room, just as a little treat. It
took about ten calls (first nine were answered by people who couldn't
speak english - not joking, and not being racist, they could not speak
english beyond "hello? hello?" and then they disconnected the
call)
eventually we got through to somebody who could. they told us they
couldn't send any champagne to the room as room service had stopped
(??!) and to try later. Did that, and then - after, four or five
non-speaking, non-connecting people - we were told there was no room
service as they had just undergone renovation (which obviously didn't
include a kitchen).

This was a "four-star hotel". I'd explained the reason for the
gift (the
trauma of going to New York after 11/9) but they didn't give a toss. I'm
sure if that was in London (in an equivalent hotel) they would have
offered to have gone to the local off-licence if need be and sort it
out.

Customer service? On this experience, they don't know the meaning of the
phrase.

john