Re: Remote control of low-voltage lights.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Remote control of low-voltage lights.
  • From: "steevc" <steevc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 12:40:22 -0000

I gather that's what he's trying to avoid.

I may be wrong, but would switching individual lights have adverse
affects on bulb life? Advice I've read says that if a bulb blows you
should replace it quickly. My electrical theory has deserted me, but
I'm guessing that the transformer is designed for a specific load and
reducing that load could mean a higher output voltage.

I suppose you could use relays to swith over to dummy loads of some
sort, but it would mean that you would still be burning electrons
with a light off.

Steve