RE: [OT ish] ADSL Filter / ADSL Modem

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT ish] ADSL Filter / ADSL Modem
  • From: "Steven Dickson"<sdickson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:25:46 -0000

This is what I want to do - going to order adsl wires only in the next couple / three weeks -sorry Mark.....  I've spent the last few weekends routing cat5 cable around the house, and have a 48 port patch panel and some clipsal faceplates on order.  Anybody any cost effective tried and tested ADSL routers/modems they want to recommend - don't want to have to buy a usb modem and other bits of kit, would prefer to have an integrated router to connect straight into my network?k

Mark had mentioned previously that Keith has a patch panel with the relevant connections looped through the back to the BT master socket.  Anybody know where I can find the translation of which pairs are supposed to go where to marry up with the cat 5 on the punch downs.  I already have a few of the rats tail converters for the phone ends - excel.  BTW what's the difference in the 'master' and 'secondary' units?

Thanks,

Steve