Re: OT : Plumbing help as well

Bruno,

Thanks for your comments - I agree with the advice you have been given.
That's why I want to make the ventilation system myself.
The problem with a lot of commercial heat recovery systems is that they are
designed to be 'always on' providing a certain number of air changes per
hour in certain rooms.  What I want to do is recover some of the heat that
is extracted from our bathroom and en-suite, and the system to only work
when necessary.  Instead of just having bathroom fans which will cause cold
air to be drawn into the house from wherever it can get in, I'd like to have
a controllable ventilation system which also has a heat exchanger.
The system I am thinking about is as follows:

Loft mounted heat exchanger
Powerful fans inline with the ducting - extract and input in each ventilated
room
Fans controlled via AD10/LD11 modules
Automatic control of fans via HomeVision
DS18S20 temperature sensors in each room (and outside)

The above will allow extract only, input only (positively pressurise house)
or extract and input with heat recovery.  Since HomeVision will be
controlling the system it will be easy to program the system to behave as I
want it.

The most difficult part is getting the right size heat exchange unit to
maximise efficiency since there will be varying flow rates.

Regards

Simon

BTW - your proposed ventilation system sounds interesting.  What source are
you going to use for your heat pump?