RE: wishlist for next christmas

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: wishlist for next christmas
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 10:28:29 -0000

.
> We have also plans for a universal I/O for home automation with
> digital I/O, analog I/O, and a 1-wire interface in a Dinrail form
> factor. which can also be used as a door manager (access control).

Very interesting Johannes, I've long looked at access management as it
would be very useful but all the systems I've looked at are either too
expensive or difficult to install to existing door furniture.

I/O stuff would be nice and useful.

> Now, the question: what do you die-hards would love to see next to be
> connected to ethernet (wireless or cat5) ? your fish tank ? lighting
> control ? a mind reader ?

An equivalent of C-Bus or suchlike only being more modular and therefore
more affordable would be very nice indeed allowing control over devices
using TCP/IP. What I mean by that is that I'm sure many of us would like
move to the likes of a C-Bus system and, in comparison to X10, it is on
the whole better but expensive to implement due to the way it's sold as
the modules are a tad expensive to get started.

> Please flood me with emails and let me know what you like to see !
> There's many things we can make happen !

That I'm sure will happen.

K.