[Slightly OT] Advice on Outlook Macro disappearing.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [Slightly OT] Advice on Outlook Macro disappearing.
  • From: "eBiz Retail" <anto@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 20:46:32 -0000

Hi,

This isn't totally off topic as it relates to automatic email
notification via my SLiMP3 using a Homeseer module.  :o)

I have a Visual Basic macro created in Outlook 2002 that sends a message
to my SLiMP3 every time an email arrives.
i.e. Using the Rules Wizard set a condition that if a certain email
arrives run Project1.SLiMP3message
This all works fine.

However - on the odd occasion that I have to log off or reboot my PC the
VB Module has disappeared the next time I log in...
I exported a copy of the VB module to a backup directory after it was
created so I can go to the VB editor in Outlook and Import the saved
module - but I shouldn't have to each time I reboot.

It seems that Outlook isn't saving my custom macro Project when I log
out and gives me a standard blank Project each time I log back in.
I know next to nothing about VB or how it works so am totally lost.
Is there something extra I need to do to keep my macro there
persistently?

PC is running Win2K Pro and I log in as the same Local user each time.

Any suggestions??

Anthony.