Re: Total Remote for Pocket PC's

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Mike Griffiths <mike@a...> wrote:
> Let us know if they will ship
> I fancy one of those
>

> Mike

My Total Remote came yesterday shipped via fedex. Very impressed
with datanywhere.com Some very quick 1st impressions:

1. The range certainly is much better than the built-in IR. I can
bounce it off the walls and ceilings to control my Sony tv.
Something the built-in IR unit could never do.

2. I like the skins; they are much better for touch use as opposed
to stylus friendly nevo buttons.

3. The IR gizmo does not seem to operate with the built-in NEVO s/w -
i.e I can not seem to get a better range when operating with the IR
unit plugged in. I plan to email the makers just to check.

4. Really poor collection of built-in IR codes... I suppose it is
early days... the range may improve with time and a wider user base.
None of the Toshiba DVD codes work for my SD-520. The Denon codes
don't work either for my AVR-3802 and the Sony TV codes are patchy
(i.e work on some functions/buttons and not others!!)

5. No PC based design software - there is just a PocketPC version
and no PC based design software - this would be my biggest gripe -
hope they get some going soon!!

6. I would be interested to see if it works with the Pronto look-a-
like software for Ipaq (I forget the name!!)

Have yet to try the learning function - will let you know how that
one works out.

Let me know your experiences / opinions.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Keyvan R