RE: NTL - a happy story

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: NTL - a happy story
  • From: "Don McAllister" <donmc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:11:24 -0000

I tend to use:

http://www.va= ntage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/v2/v2.htm

It=92s a super little free app that is designed to work with most UK
broadband providers and gives you a bit more than just a speed report.
It also creates an anotated report using plain language. From the web
page:

"The Broadband Speed Test is a free Windows application which you may<= BR> download to test your UK based Broadband connection. The test is
accurate and concise and will produce a results report which can be used to send to your ISP if you are experiencing problems.

The test differs from other Broadband Speed Testers in that it is
completely designed for UK Broadband connections from Telewest
Broadband, ntl:, BT Openworld and TELE2 Wireless. The test has the
following features:

Test ping response times to major servers

Tests download speeds

Tests Cache page-request time

Produces Trace Routes

Retrieves IPConfig settings"