RE: TV/Sat Signal Arial/Split & Stuff

Hi Rob

For aerial advice take a look at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/tv_transmitters/index.shtml

If you can locate your nearest transmitter, you will see that there is a
datasheet for it, in this it will give some Letter info on the best aerial
type for this transmitter:

(Oh and have a look at your neighbours aerials too!)

More info here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/analogue_tv/aerials.shtml

So not only do you need the right kind of aerial group, but also consider
its polarization..

As far as distribution goes, yes RF is a lower quality, but there are things
you can do to sort this:

1, Do you have a sky digibox? - this has 2 rf outputs, use the main one for
your main tv setup and the second one to feed your distribution..

2, I now hear you shout, "This will only give you output for Sky to the rest
of the house" - well this then depends upon how you connect up the other
components...

I've done this with my RF Chain in the lounge:

  >>> Aerial in >> Video >> Tivo >>> Sky >>> TV
                                      Sky output 2   >> Distribution box

And then using SCART to connect the Video, SKY and TiVo together.

The disadvantages with this set up are as follows:

1, The Video and Tivo cannot record Sky via RF (Personally don't care as I
use SCART)

The advantages are:

1, The dual output from SKY means you can use a basic passive splitter (i'm
driving 3 TVs from the distribution splitter)
2, Video, SKy and TiVo anywhere in the house.

If you want any further advice please shout, I went through *alot* of pain
to get this working well!!

Daniel