Re: Slightly OT - surplus networking kit at bargain prices

Hi Richard,

Thanks, dependign on the size of your company, this may be rather a lot
of kit, though my client will almost certainly be happy to sell it off
in pieces.  A provisional list of equipment is attached, we are in the
decommissioning process at the moment so the quantities may change slightly.

The equipment is around 110 - 120 Nortel Centillion 5000BH chassis.
This is a large 14 slot rackmount chassis with hot swappable cards.  The
boxes run ATM between them and have sophisticated routing/re-routing
capabilities able to redirect traffic in the event of line or equipment
failure. They would typically have a number of cards with RJ45
connectors for users and servers, with fibre cards for uplinks to other
boxes. They can also handle some of the strange protocols like OSI,
DECNet, and others.

All of the equipment is here in the UK, it is in perfect working order
(still running a major corporate network on it  - around 15000 users
plus all corporate and customer systems - pending the migration to new
Cisco kit), and will be removed and packed by our engineers. Most of the
chassis have a full set of redundant power supplies, the rest have 2
PSUs, and most are arranged as two switches in one chassis, with at
least two uplink cards and an average of around 9 10Mb or 100Mb line
cards per box.  There is also a quantity of smaller kit, Baystack
450T-24 switches mostly, as well as some odds and ends of small routers etc.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need more info. If you need a good
Project Manager (I am one of those) or an excellent cabling company
(Yes, we have one of those too) for your next phase of expansion, let me
know :-)

Regards
Martin