RE: OT: Looking for info on IEEE-488 (GPIB)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT: Looking for info on IEEE-488 (GPIB)
  • From: "Dave McLaughlin" <dave@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 22:17:49 -0000

Hi Des,

IEEE-488 is kind of dead these days with only a select few test instruments
still using it. I have an HP 1630G Logic Analyzer that has an IEEE-488
(GPIB) interface but I have never used it before. I think it was intended
for hooking up a storage drive of some sort.

Some expensive programmable power supplies have HPIB (GPIB but HP's name
for) but they are way out of my cost range. Pity as they are very good.

Good luck with it. Failing any good use, chuck it up on eBay, someone is
bound to need it.

Dave...