RE: Home networking without NetBios

Without a NetBIOS name service, browsing the network is... "awkward"....

The browse list probably won't get populated, and machines may not be
accessable by their name...

There are a lot of if's and buts of course, cos as with anything Microsoft,
there are at least a dozen ways to make it work...

The no.1 easiest of those ways, is, though, to continue to run netBIOS over
TCPIP.

P.