RE: Domain Hosting

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Domain Hosting
  • From: "Chris Bond" <chris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 20:18:36 -0000

It's not an issue where the server is located - its reliability and good
service from your isp you need.

As an isp (O2 Hosting Solutions), we choose to host our servers in the
states for lots of technical reasons.  The main one is there service is
second to none over there as they have a large in house technical
knowledge and there after-sales technical support in general are
excellent.

One example of what you wouldn't get much of in the uk is our
collocation in the states center had one of there 1GB fibre links cut
overnight and without any notice of downtime it automatically re-routed
onto there over 5.5GB backbone.  You get this at some isps like xcalibre
as they located in redbus, but you'll be surprised at the number of isps
that sit at the end of a leased line that's no resilient.

Just thought I'd put my two pence in (nothing new)!

Kind Regards,
Chris Bond