RE: Marmitek 8/1 remote question

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Marmitek 8/1 remote question
  • From: "David Claxton" <UKHA@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 14:23:04 -0000

I was afraid I was going to have to do that. It seems a bit strange that it
can't recognise such a standard remote. Out of all the pieces of kit I have
I thought that would be the one which would definitely work, but it turns
out that it's one of three I couldn't find a code for (my Sony DVD player
and my Kenwood amp being the other two). Problem is, because you can only
teach it codes under three different modes and I have had to teach it my DVD
player, my amplifier and now it seems the Sky remote, that doesn't leaves me
any modes to be able to teach codes to and I wanted to add a few codes for
my CD jukebox at least.
Seeing that it was a secondary item in the X10 starter kit I bought, I
suppose I shouldn't really grumble and it was only going to be a stop-gap
until I saw what the new Pronto that comes out next year is like.
Thanks anyway Jon.