RE: humidifier - automation

Nikola,

Firstly - sorry to hear about your daughter.

Secondly - there is a very low-tech solution to improving humidity -
which is house plants.

While it may sound trite, there's been a lot of work done by NASA about
their use in improving indoor air quality. Probably the best text on
this is a book by Dr. W. C. Wolverton, called "Eco-Friendly House
plants."

However, the one monkey is that most house plants have a net conversion
of Carbon Dioxide to Oxygen during the day, but have a net conversion
back at night. This is because there are two processes going on - the
one that converts CO2 -> O2 requires light.

As such, most plants AREN'T suitable for leaving in a bedroom at night.
The one that springs to mind that IS suitable is Aloe Baradensis
(commonly known as Aloe Vera.)

If you're interested in this, I'll bring in the book on Monday - ISTR
you work near Marylebone?

Regards,

Mark