RE: NOW: X10 reliability WAS: Lamp Module Dimming

Ian,

Sorry to hear you are having problems, maybe we have been lucky, but have
never had a problem with X10 reliability, in fact quite the opposite, have
been very impressed with reliability.

In our case:

24 various X10 devices.
We have not used any mains filtering at the consumer unit or on any
appliances.
Maximum distance is about 100 feet in a straight line from the consumer box,
so goodness knows that actual wired distance, but it is substantially more
than 200'
Downstairs all new wiring
Upstairs old wiring dating back to the arc - well probably late 70's
Consumer unit for all circuits is new

We have had two problems. One LD10 module for some reason or other just
would not work, replaced it and all worked ok. And reused the 'non working'
one elsewhere without any problems !!!

The second problem was all of the PC equipment and the CM12 didn't like
being next to each other so moved the CM12.

Over 18 months though 2 modules have had to be replaced as they stopped
working.

I don't know how you can check your electrics for 'noise' but presume they
is a tool out there that does it, and someone on the list who knows about it
!!

Mark