RE: Question about whole house audio

Hi Marcus,

In the middle of laying out a PCB for a multizone (x3) amplifier for my
whole house audio system (about half way through but other family
Christmas things and house plans have taken precedence of late).  It
will be in node 0 with volume control on board. Intention is at this
stage to use IR (FirM) to control the volume in most cases.  As you say
touch screen is possible an may be a solution in some areas but there
are downsides to it such as power, startup times etc.  Upside is it is a
two way communication pipe and perhaps easier to use.  Kitchen is a
problem area (wet hands, floury hands) and I am looking at a VR
microphone because I think that the reliability issues are probably
acceptable for the convenience and because you are usually on your feet
any way and can go close to a microphone.

Actually volume control is less of a user interface problem than
playlist selection user interface issues I think.

HTH
Shane

List of UKHA Groups here -
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UKHA_Grouplists/