-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Gale [mailto:groups@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 05 December 2002 10:06
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Honeywell Smartfit

I'm maxed out with work at the moment (but still find time to post here
:-) ) so can't spend a lot of time doing a write up.

I did install it myself - I replaced an existing standard 240V system.
Replacing the controller and wiring up the LV thermostat and room unit
was very easy (once I'd determined how my existing system worked and
what type of boiler it was). The 2 way valves were a little more
difficult but only because the existing ones were a bit difficult to
remove. Once the Smartfit system was installed, the Comfort SFIT UCM
simply plugs into the controller and automatically updates a set of
counters in Comfort (room temp, HW temp, setpoints, demand etc). Getting
the SFIT UCM to work was fairly problematic and required replacement
firmware in the Comfort main CPU (I also had one of the first production
SFIT UCM's which was a bit different from the manual, which didn't
help).

The setup I have now allows me to interrogate and set the heating from
Comfort (and any other source such as HomeVision, web, phone etc -
depending on connections and programming). If you want to do anything
'clever' with the heating i.e. advanced scheduling etc, it's best to do
it outside of Comfort as Comfort is limited logic wise. I will use
HomeVision to do this.

Paul.