RE: Honeywell Smartfit

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Honeywell Smartfit
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 17:26:55 -0000

I use Comfort with the Smartfit interface - it was quite easy to replace
the existing controller and valves.

The benefit is now that I can control the heating and hot water from
pretty much anything, anywhere given the right interface. I've still not
programmed it up using HomeVision yet though. The plan is to have phone,
web and local (home written app in Director/flash) control. It's also
easy to link it to the alarm status so that the heating is turned off
when armed to away (unless there is an override schedule set). Pretty
good stuff.

Paul.