fire detection for your automated home

I have wanted to add fire detection to my home automation set-up for
ages but couldn't find any decent looking 12 volt detectors. A2Z seem to have the market but at the Moment they are mounted in an industrial
looking case soon to be revised I understand.

Having popped into my local alarm shop this week for some PIR's I
mentioned this to the extremely helpful manager and he ordered me 4
Menvier 0S2 Smoke detectors

Approximate price =A330 + VAT

Industrial standard optical smoke detector
Suitable for use with most alarm panels
12 volt dc supply (10 -16 volt)
Very small neat looking profile (suitable for swmbo approval)
Very strong well manufactured connections on removable base
Volt free alarm contact 30 vdc 1 amp
low current 1 mA Nominal consumption 13mA Alarm

Hope someone finds this useful

Jason

Web Site http://www.jstarkie.co.uk

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or