RE: Homevision X10 Question - dead easy?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Homevision X10 Question - dead easy?
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 10:59:42 -0000

> Thank for the advice Ken.  It seems strange as I believed the force On
> just
> force HV to send an On command nothing more.  I suppose continuously
send
> an On command to an module may damage it though.

>From memory, sending the "Force" command actually physically forces the
relay, in the appliance modules at least, to operate even if it is
already in whatever state it is supposed to be in and this is what can
cause damage to the relay. It actually kinda makes sense when you think
about it, or it's pointed out! ;)

I have no idea if or how it affects lamp modules, I just don't use it
after the dire warnings of module death as, 99/100, there is really no
need for it using Homevision IME.

> Most of my set up use LD11 anyway and I do conditional lighting based
> around the "direct to level ##" command.

Yup, me too for most things.

K.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor