RE: Homevision X10 Question - dead easy?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Homevision X10 Question - dead easy?
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 09:39:55 -0000

> Im trying to get homevision to send an A10 On Signal, when it received
an
> A9 off signal, but cant seemt to make it work more than once.
>
> Ive currently got it setup - in the A9 off actions, to send an A10 On,
ive
> then added in the A10 on options an A9 On command.

I have done similar thing with the lighting in certain circumstance and
IIRC I used If-Then-Else commands to ensure it worked and, in some
cases, flags as well.

>From memory, for an "on" command it was simply something like this:

If
      A10 is off
Then
      A10: ON
End if

However, the reason being that, should you need to expand on that
command and ensure that the desired module is in the correct state life
gets easier later thinking this way:

If
      A10 is off
      And Flag 14 is cleared
      And Time is Dark
Then
      A10 On
      Set Flag 14
End if

In the other modules on commands you put the likes of:

If
      A9 is off
      And A10 is on
      And Flag 14 is set
      And Time is Dark
Then
      A10 Off
      Clear Flag 14
End if

That's probably as clear as mud but it does allow you to program for a
wide variety of different conditions should you need to.

What is it that you actually are trying to do Jim?

HTH

K.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor