Broadband being pushed.

  • To: "UKHA Discussion \(E-mail\)" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Broadband being pushed.
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 11:29:27 -0000

Hi all,

I have posted in the past about an advert from BT Wholesale that appeared along site an advert for our local campaign website
www.broadbandforyarmouth.co.uk

The website first got mentioned in the paper a couple of months ago when we=
had about 93 registrations. The number started to rise quite quickly.

When the first BT advert appeared about 2-3 weeks ago, we were at around th= e
210 mark which is the magical 60% that need to be turned into confirmed
orders once the trigger level is reached. The advert was along the lines of=
"We know you want it".

At first I thought it was just a coincidence but the same advert has
appeared weekly.... until this week.

This week we hit the 75% level and the advert has changed to read...

******
"COME ON YARMOUTH, DON'T YOU WANT BROADBAND?

Fast - 10x as fast as your modem
ALWAYS ON - No waiting to connect
Works over your BT phone line
Great Value- as little as =A320/month
No engaged tones
No more fighting over the phone line
Surf the net and make phone calls at the same time
Helps internet video, music, online gaming
Ideal upgrade fron =A315/month 'unlimited' Internet deals
No internet call charges

VOTE NOW

BT want to bring Broadband to Yarmouth, and needs 350 registrations of
interest to do so.
As a community, you are three quarters of the way there already, so lets make sure we get the 350 registrations and bring Broadband to the area.
Spread the word, visit www.broadbandforyarmouth.co.uk and sign up now

Broadband ForYarmouth.co.uk         = ;         BTwholesale "
********

The advert could be a joint advert between the campaign website and
BTwholesale or it could just be BTwholesale. Either way, the adverts seem t= o
be working and to my mind are far more informative than the ads that I have=
seen on the TV. We are now at 275/350 so I am getting more hopeful of being=
able to have ADSL in the near future.

Has anyone else noticed similar adverts in their part of the country ?
If so, what trigger levels do you have and how close to the trigger level are you?
Do you have a LOCAL broadband pressure group.

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or