Re: Time for cable...

From: "Mark Harrison" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
> This is true, assuming you value your time at significantly less than = the
minimum wage :-)

If you knew how much I earned, you'd retract that statement ;-)

> The marginal cost of simply getting four reels of CAT5, running four cables to every point, and not
> terminating (but carefully labelling) the ones you don't need is very<= BR> little.

I suppose, at =A330/reel, it's minimal cost.

> Running four sets takes no longer than running two.

Indeed.

> Unless you enjoy crawling under floors, then run four to every point.<= BR> >
> Just to run through what I'm CURRENTLY using.
>
> - Master Bedroom - using 6 out of 8

Ouch!  What for?  One phone, 2 KAT5, one IR.  That's all I c= an think of.

> - My study - using 3 out of 8
> - Nursery - using 2 out of 8
> - Sitting room - using 2 out of 8
> - Mary's study - using 3 out of 8
> - Kitchen - using 1 out of 0 (wireless sub-node :-) )

Hmmm.  The way I've thought it out so far is this ...

Lounge - 2x KAT5, 2x phone, 1x network, 1x IR, 1x coax
Kitchen - 1x KAT5, 1x network, 1x IR, 1x coax
Bathroom - 1x KAT5, 1x IR, 1x coax
Bedrooms 1-3 - 1x KAT5, 1x IR, 1x coax, 1x phone
Loft - immaterial, CAT5 takes seconds to there!

Andy

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
3D""=
3D""