SliMP3 thoughts...

Hmm.. lovely looking bit of kit. - Even SWMBO was impressed.

Couple of lessons learned the hard way...

In my rush to get it up & running, I "bunged" the server software on my
workstation PC. Set it up via the web interface to point to the music
library...

It _really_ did not like this at all - two possible reasons: the Activerperl
installation instructions do NOT specify a reboot, but without one, the PATH
variable does not get updated, so the server.pl software complains about not
being able to find various things. (even though it still runs OK!)

Secondly, I think it didn't like the fact that the server software was
running on one PC, whilst the source for the music was on another PC, and
was being accessed via a mapped drive. - the mapped drive letter was
specified in the SliMP3 web config page.. - either that, or it didn't like
some of my path names... (a couple of my directories start with a "-" to
make them sort first in explorer displays..)

the upshot was that it stuttered horribly, and died constantly..

Once I rebooted to update the PATH variable, and pointed the server.pl
software at a directory on the same machine, and with a simpler folder name,
everything seems hunky-dory!

All in all, very impressed!

Paul G.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor