RE:xAP - The Proposed Architecture Eplained...

Hi all,

>Despite my view that the broadcast model wouldn't be a huge hit on the<= BR> >network, personally I prefer the subscription model. It leads to a very=
>flexible, but harder to implement architecture.

Has anyone thought of uPNP (universal plug and play) by M$.  It uses/<= BR> supports the subscription model.
Info @ www.metrolink.com

Quoted from the site:
Metro Link's C-based UPnP protocol stack at just 55K includes a full HTTP=
server, GENA, SOAP and all of the other components required for a full
featured UPnP compliant protocol stack.

"We see a tremendous need from our customers for a fully functional,= small
footprint UPnP solution for integration into our 8, 16 and 32-bit
microcontrollers,"

The work that's allready done for this sounds really great. (2 thumbs up) But you know what they say about re=EFnventing the wheel...

I like the subscription model too.  I know this thread is about displa= y
devices, but I think thre's nothing holding you back from making it a
control network/protocol in the future.  This is what they do at
www.premisesystems.com with their SYS-server/software.

I kind of like the protocol, network infrastucture they use.  What I d= on't
know is how (or if) a 8 bit =B5C can understand this protocol. (Metro link<= BR> UPnP does support it) and the SYS-system is based on this.

also look at:
http://www.pre= misesystems.com/product/devices#ui
h= ttp://www.premisesystems.com/community/sys_to_work/spotlight
http://www.= premisesystems.com/product/whatsnew.html