Re: Re: PIC development advice

milkman_ohk wrote:

> I haven't used any of the high-level languages (C or Basic) since I'm
> an old hand at assembler programming, but there are a few compilers
> available if you want to try them.
>
> I prefer assembler since you've got a lot more control of what's
> going on

I second that, and in some cases assembler is the only way to fly. For a
lot of the higher level stuff tho, C will save you a lot of time. If you
fancy going that route, my advice would be that the only PIC C compiler
worth anything at all is the CCS PICC one
(http://www.ccsinfo.com/picc-referall.shtml). The others (especially the
HiTech one) generate especially atrocious code IMHO. OTOH, it costs a
hundred bucks or so, and the assembler is free ;)

ant
--

                             /\/\
antatantdotorg              (`')             www.ant.org