RE: Re: Displays round the house - architecture...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Displays round the house - architecture...
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 20:16:35 +0100

> Example quote:
> "I think this architecture extends beyond just displays to provide
> (one possible) foundation for an HA network protocol."
>
> DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!!

Ian,

Bang on the more complex you make it the longer it takes to both develop
and produce, therefore in the first instance I would agree that a
relatively simple design is needed. If however the design is open and
built in the correct case with these features in mind then maybe, just
maybe they could be added later if it's possible.

I do agree the TCP/IP is the way to go here with a few buttons but that
is all that is *really* needed for a cool little display panel and I
think it should stop there. I would also suggest that this is a
relatively "dumb" device with all the smarts at the server. IMHO this is
the way to go for a low-cost, highly configurable and potentially very
nifty little control.

K.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor