Re: RE: Measuring bath water depth

Marcus Warrington wrote:

> I seem to remember that they have an accuracy of about 1inch.. but how would
> you get the thing to trigger the "bath full" event at the required depth ?
> One thing that would concern me is "what if it failed" one day and flooded
> the whole house. I think SWMBO would want to be assured that there was some
> form of fail safe device.

Just a thought ..... would a timed operation be any good.....? eg when I
get home from work at night (after cycling, so I have a bath every night
to relieve any aches and pains!)  I can switch the hot tap on, set a
timer for 7 mins, and the bath is at a reasonable depth, and generally a
reasonable temperature, obviously depends exactly on water heating
method - mine is an electric system which heats a storage tank of hot
water every morning, and when thats exhausted, the water out of the hot
tap is quite cold, but not as cold as the cold tap.... :S If there's an
X10 control there to open the valve, a timed switch off is obviously
reasonably easy with any of the current controllers... :)

There will also be obvious differences in temperature (In winter the
cold tap will be colder than in summer) but the volume of water for a
known valve open diameter should be pretty much constant.........?

--
Doogie

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor