Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 10:35 PM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: Displays round the house.

    Hi Stuart - can you post some rough guidelines about costs in a semi volume situation for VFD's . This might put a practicality into what we are thinking about.

    The SliMP3 display is very nice at two lines of 40 characters - what sort of price are these at say 100 off ? I use that number not for any estimate of volume but to get a ballpark feel. For a single faceplate you would perhaps need a 2 line 20 char or 4 line 20 char.

    I would also be interested if you know of the sort of costs for any graphic type VFD display say around 240x 50. I have been looking at Noritake's data sheets but not found anything yet. Can you suggest a good manufacturers site to peruse. If there was a graphic display that also had an easy character based mode and possibly graphic primitives e.g. lines , fill etc that would be great.

    Kevin