RE: pissed off

Hi Nik,

See my inserted comments below...

>My comments were written mostly in frustration because the equipment I would like to install either doesn't exist or is not affordable.

The exact reason why homebrew software/hardware is developed. !

>Frank's equipment seemed so close to what I needed that the disappointment was huge when I realized that I cannot use it.

I have been buying electronics magazines for the last 30 years and have NEVER built anything as intended. I have always modified the design to suit my needs. Franks design is INPUT - *Engine*- OUTPUT.
His engine of choice happens to be HomeVision but there is no reason why you cant drop a different engine into the design. It will of course require customisation, but that is required for ANY bespoke solution.

Someone with the right skills can do it themselves, failing that you are reliant on finding someone else to do the work and possibly paying for that.

>Especially when he implied that it's my fault and I had my chance...

Didnt read the whole thread so cant and wont comment!

>The difference between your, Graham's and Frank's project is that your's and Graham's are much better documented on the web site and one knows exactly what to expect from the product, while Frank's was not so well described so led into some misunderstanding.

I have been playing and working in electronics for almost 40 years. By day, I am an Applications Developer doing mostly Intranet enabled database applications. Graham is also a web developer. I dont know what Frank does for a living but as far as I know he doesnt work as a web developer so the website is just another facet of his hobby.

>This group I took as a small community, where members are considered as friends

This is very true

> If sometimetimes it's not clear from wording, I attribute it to not having time to re-read own mails and read hundred other mails posted in groups daily, rather than some bad intentions.

Point taken and accepted. It is impossible to follow everything happening on this list unless you dont have any work to do. Trying to keep up when the messages were trcikling in during the day was bad enough, now I get them all in one hit it has become impossible hence the need to delete large chunks of messages when they dont seem relevant.

> I would like to help with most of them, but I simple can't because I don't have HV, nor most of relevant HA equipment.

I dont know what "toys" are top of your "must have" list but moving HomeVision to the top of the list would be one decision you would not regret. I still dont use mine to the best of its capabilities but the 100% reliability that it gives with no hassle whatsoever makes it a "must have" in my book :-)

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor