RE: Caller ID on meteor

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Caller ID on meteor
  • From: "Stuart Whyte" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 21:07:19 +0100

Campbell,

See comments below.
-----Original Message-----
From: Campbell Macdonald [mailto:c.macd@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 10 August 2002 17:40
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxxSubject: [ukha_d] Caller ID on meteor

I am considering purchasing the Meteor unit especially for caller id functions, can anyone confirm the ease and function on Metor for :

1: caller id, do many have it announcing caller name through Homeseer or other software.

I use Equinox, which announces the names of callers if they are in my phone book or "unknown caller" plus the number if not.

 2. Call waiting, can the meteor do caller id callers when I'm on the internet.

Nevre tried this.

 3. does it distinguish from caller id withheld (1471) and private/not known  (i.e.) from International or different network systems without caller id . I would like to have a recorded message stating call will only be accepted if 1471 is not used.

Can distinguish between International, Unknown, and Not Available.  Implementation should be able to be down but you would probably have to custom write something

 I intend to link via homeseer, creating log, and getting caller id names from list.

Patrick has created a plugin for Homeseer.  Cant remeber the URL.

Any advice appreciated

Campbell

HTH

Stuart