Re: HV Multizone IR

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: HV Multizone IR
  • From: "andy_powell_is" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 15:04:21 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Kenneth Watt" <kennwatt@b...> wrote:

> Frank, can I use the likes of the Xantech receivers on your system
or do
> you know if they would be compatible? It's no biggie other than the
fact

If they work with Homevision directly then they should work with FIRM
with no problems at all - ie if you plug one in the back of HV and it
works then you should have no issues. Most (if not all) ir emitters
only consist of 2 wires,  so either work or don't (obvious I know)
but if they don't it should just be a case of swapping round the
connections on the emitters...

This I learned while tinkering with building my own emitters... whci
works out mega cheap in comparison to Xantech ones... What I'm
actually doing is rather than stick on emitters I'm making a small
hole in the rear of the equipments case and using a 3.5mm socket.
inside the kit there are just 2 wires that go to the front
(internally) with an emitter at the other end. This is then
positioned next to the internal receiver. All in all it gives a much
neater appearance ... but as I've said before, I'm a little worried
about doing the TV and killing myself..

> I did try zoning using HV and the expansion board but TBH I thought
it
> was a bit pants and didn't bother looking into it any further.

The thing with the HV expansion board is that it can only Zone output
Franks gear does both input and output which is a distinct
advantage...

Andy

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor