Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 2:58 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] RE: (ukha_d) OT MP3 Changer compatible with Volkswagon Stere

I'm not sure there would be one.  I had a Panasonic CD changer connected to my
2000 Passat (with an adaptor), but MP3 connectivity would imply that the head
unit would need to understand and interpret file structures, MP3 tags etc etc.
I doubt the Gamma unit has this.  On the up side it's nice and easy to swap out
the Gamma for something else, if you can be bothered.  You could get an MP3 head
unit reasonably cheap, or a HU/CD MPŁ changer for a bit more.  Annoyingly (for
me) Pioneer are about the only ones not doing MP3 changers.

Try www.letsbuycaraudio.com for good prices - the site's a bit boy racer, but
the service was good for me.

Pete