RE: After opinons of an aesthetic nature

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: After opinons of an aesthetic nature
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <rmouser@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 09:32:19 +0100

Hi Tim

IMHO there is a tendency to get carried away with the number of lamps on zones. In my original plans I had far to many zones and lamps on each
zone. As we've been installing we've down graded our slightly over
ambitious plans. With the lounge and dinning room finished I am very
pleased with the outcome. Remember you can dim your 50w hals down to 20w so brighter lights give more flexibility in your lighting schemes. We
have ended up with 4 zones in the living room and 4 in the dinning room
as follows:

Lounge:
Zone: 1 =3D 5amp Socket Circuit (For table lamps/floor lamps) - IMO this is one of the most important aspects of lighting design.
Zone 2 =3D Wall lights.
Zone 3 =3D Ceiling Halogens
Zone 4 =3D Halogen Wall Washers (Illuminating pictures.)

(Note no central ceiling pendants. Makes your room look bigger. Honest!)
Dinning Room:
Zone: 1 =3D 5amp Socket Circuit (For table lamps/floor lamps) - IMO this is one of the most important aspects of lighting design.
Zone 2 =3D Wall lights.
Zone 3 =3D Ceiling Pendant
Zone 4 =3D Halogen Wall Washers (Illuminating pictures.)

Bigger is not always better!

Also you've probably go this covered but bring a feed from EVERY single
load back to node or at least to a convenient place in a junction box,
that way if you change your mind on which zones control what you can
change it!

All non expert opinions based on my experiences!

Many Thanks
Rob
Rob Mouser
rmouser@xxxxxxx