Re: DVD changers

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: DVD changers
  • From: "graham_howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:48:11 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Kenneth Watt" <kennwatt@b...> wrote:
> > I posted a while back about wanting to buy a Kenwood multi changer
> > (http://www.techtronics.com/uk/shop/50-kenwood-dvf-j6050-multi-
region-
> > dvd-player.html) and there was a comment that a new changer was
due
> > to be released by Sony. Well I have now finally found a little
> > information on the Sony changer (though it still seems to be
> > unavailable anywhere)and thought I would share it
> > http://www.oade.com/Home_theater/sony/dvd/DVPCX875P.html.
> >
> > The Sony looks a lot nicer but has smaller capacity, it seems that
> > the Sony will be cheaper ($500) than the Kenwood ($800 for what I
> > think is equivalent to the UK model at techtronics).
>
> Graham,
>
> If there is enough interest in these I can get a price, as you well
> know, from a nice chap in Glasgow. ;)
>
> I'm sure that even with a few as little as two or three, that we
could
> get a deal on them for you, if they are available in the UK.
>
> K.

Ken,

I assume you are talking about the Sony, your Glasgow contact doesn't
deal in Kenwood (I know because I asked him ;-)). The problem though
will be the region hack, Techtronics (if they ever get stock) will be
doing the Kenwood with a hack and quite possibly the Sony. I would
assume that the guy in Glasgow will only do region 2. If there was a
possibility of a bulk buy for either of these machines in a multi-
region version then you could count me in.

Graham