RE: HV/Pronto IR question

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: HV/Pronto IR question
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 14:36:44 +0100

Ok, I did the usual search first - call me blind or stupid but I couldn't

find what I was looking for. I seem to remember some discussion on

how to get a Pronto CCF or set of IR commands across to the Home

Vision unit. Was I dreaming? Or is it a nasty hand enter text strings

job?

Bah, can we not call you both! ;)

AFAIK, the only way to get a load of codes into HV is to do them one-by-one as you have to have the IR codes labelled and created in the HV software.

Also, what is the easiest way to add a couple of IR transmitters to

the HV? I have 2 rooms, one with a TV the other with a CRT projector.

Either stick on emitters or a flood emitter would be good - it can

be a duplicate signal as there is no fear of 2 units understanding

the same codes.

Stick-on jobs are the way to go…trust me, from bitter experience, you don’t want to know about flood filling and the hassles that brings!

Now all I need is a way to convert CCF files into web pages that

then in turn can trigger a HV event. :-)

Home Automator! Speak to Graham Howe for details or Andy, there is a group but I forgot the addy or it will be on the group list thingybob.

HTH

K.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor