RE: X10 how popular is it in the UK, as I would like to design products for it?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: X10 how popular is it in the UK, as I would like to design products for it?
  • From: "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 11:51:30 +0100

I think status report is the key. It would justify even slightly higher cost.
I think that micromodules are the cheapest modules with status report, and I would install them everywhere, if they are just a bit cheaper (around £60, I think at the moment). And they are double, so If you have just a single socket to put it in ju wasted one module.
If you can make single ones, with same specs for about £30, that would be great job :-).
Cheers,
Nik

Will your Lamp module be small enough to fit in a switch box, behind the switch?
Will it require 3-wire wiring?
Nik