RE: Slimp3 question

Keep us posted :-).

Will do.

Do you plan to put amplifier behind the plaster? I am still looking for some small, fixed gain amplifier (I suppose it's better if it dosn't have volume potenciometer, because it's the first thing that will go wrong).

A 12V car amp is ideal for this and they can be had pretty damn cheap too. Luckily I have access to the ceiling space above the bathroom here so that’s where the amp is going to live and also where I can drop cables to the Slim from so it should be fairly straightforward. The hard part is getting a piece of Perspex the correct colour and size along with a nice SWMBO acceptable faceplate! ;)

How will Slimp3 cope with the water if you plan to put it in a bathroom?

Its well away from any danger of water, it after all only a display and controlled on by IR so it should be pretty easy to mount out of the way.

I had an idea of buying Loudpanels (flat speakers) for bedroom and feed them with KAT5 and small amp, but Slimp seems now as a better choice. I still need to find suitable, compact amp.

I went for the ceiling speakers, which I have for £40 from CPC as it’s only for background music and audiophile quality is not needed, hence also the reason for going for a small car amp which can also be easily controlled on/off with the use of an appliance module on the feed transformer, easy as pie solution.

K.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor