-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Gordon [mailto:paul_gordon@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 16 August 2002 15:54
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Loudspeaker Cabling?

Nik,

Downstairs I'm going to do the following:

A stereo speaker plate in each corner of all the major rooms, like this one= :

http://www.letsautomate.com/10640.cfm?CFID=3D35472&CFTOKEN=3D792= 53230

And a single in-ceiling mounted speaker for TTS announcements in the middle=
of the room.

_ALL_ of these speakers will be wired back to a speaker patch panel in N0.<= BR>
I will also be putting one or more of the above speaker plates behind the <= BR> location of all major peices of AV equipment, also wired back to the same <= BR> patch panel.

Then with simple patch cords I can connect any AV source's speaker outlets =
to any pair of speakers... and it's trivial to add automatic switching late= r

on if I need to...

Oh, and I fully intend to run _at least_ 1 CAT5 cable to the same locations=
as well, and I'll initially leave them un-terminated in the back-box behind=
the outlet plates... (just in case)

This scheme will be starting with the kitchen, which is the first downstair= s

to room to be rebuilt. You can follow it here:
http://paulgordon.homeip.n= et/kitchen if youre interested ;-)

Upstairs is simpler, as I always have easy access via the loft to the areas=
above all the rooms, so putting in speakers is trivial. For that reason, I =
haven't put plates in upstairs.

Paul G.

For more information: http://www= .automatedhome.co.uk

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or