Re: Re: NOW xAP / Outlook / PrioritisationWAS HomeDisplay- sound?

Patrick,

I think I see what you are saying ........

A couple of points

1) I think yourself and MarkH are talking on a different level in terms
of technical understanding, and this is perhaps causing some confusion I
know I am confused.

2) Currently is see xAP of having the problem that it's FIFO, there is
now way of prioritising a list of messages if a large number of mesages
arive in a short time.

We're currently very focused on the display stuff, which is great, gives
instant results, be we do perhps need to stpe back and look at the
bigger picture ? For example the appication of Home Automation.

It's easy for poeple with good coding skills and the time, to re-write
code to handle changes and additions, but others might just have got
there "plg-in" working only to find something has changed, as I've said
it's an optional xAP header, BUT every output plugin MUST act on it if
it is there.

Stuart

On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 15:03, PatrickLidstone wrote:
> --- In ukha_d@y..., "Mark Harrison" <Mark.Harrison@e...> wrote:
> > I can see how it might be a flag within the Outlook plugin. As
> such, it's up to the Outlook plugin developer (oh - that's me)
> >
> > Are you saying it should be in the xAP-header as an optional item?
> >

> If it's reflecting application semantics, it shouldn't be in the xAP-
> header, but in the message body.
>
> Patrick

> Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx

Stuart Poulton
Senior Computer Officer
Theoretical Astrophysics Group
Dept. of Physics and Astronomy                  Tel. +44 (0)116 223-1016
University of Leicester                        Fax. +44 (0)116 252-3311
Leicester, LE1 7RH                        E-mail: swp@xxxxxxx ENGLAND

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor