RE: AWM2 2-way wiring problem

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: AWM2 2-way wiring problem
  • From: "Jon Whiten" <jon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 17:32:51 +0100

How are the switches wired up to the AWM2?

If you have two standard on-off switches in parallel then this will not work
as effectively the module can sense nothing when one of the switches is in
the on position.  The answer is to move to momentary switches.

Should your switches be wired up as standard two-way units then I would
expect everything to be fine.

If I understand these modules correctly and the module is at the light
fitting....

L to Live Supply
N To neutral supply
Lamp Between Neutral and Switched output.

Then... connect the existing two-way switch circuit across the blue and
brown wires

          /o-----------o
Brown ----               ---- Blue
           o-----------o/
       Switch A     Switch B

+--------+
       L---------- Live Supply
       S----+
AWM2       Lamp
       N----+
       N---------- Neutral Supply

This is how I plan to connect one of these to my landing light circuit.

I think this is right but take no responsibility should there be errors in
the above.

Regards,

Jon
http://www.whiten.co.uk/