-----Original Message-----
From: Justin [mailto:justin@xxxxxxx]
Sent:
Wednesday, July 31, 2002 9:29 AM
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: RE: [ukha_d] SK8000 Home security system

Indeed, the unit will make a call when it is triggered, however, I would be concerned that if it was located quickly enough and disabled, not all (or any) of the programmed calls would go out.

The unit does have a backup battery but if it has been unplugged it becomes nothing more than a noise maker which could be easily be cured with a foot/hammer or taking the battery out!

I suppose these points could be argued against most alarms, however, a non switched power supply and the addition of a decent external bellbox seem more appropriate for a serious system.

Justin.